St. Louis Mesothelioma Lawyer
In the United States between 1999 to 2015, a total of 45,221 reported deaths mentioned malignant mesothelioma on the death certificate as the underlying or contributing cause of death. Based on an estimated 27.5 million workers with some exposure to asbestos during 1940–1972, a 1982 study estimated that the number of malignant mesothelioma deaths would rise to 3,060 annually by 2001–2005. After 2005, mortality was projected to decrease but would continue for three decades.
At Fritz Law LLC, we litigate asbestos and mesothelioma cases across the entire St. Louis metropolitan area and surrounding region. St. Louis Mesothelioma Lawyer John P. Fritz recognized early on in his career the uphill battle that injured victims have when it comes to dealing with insurance companies. He has represented clients in injury cases in a number of jurisdictions all over the United States, including St. Louis County, St. Louis City, St. Charles County, Franklin County, Madison County, St. Clair County, Chicago and New York. He has taken hundreds of depositions and has participated in dozens of trial teams, including multiple cases that have been tried to verdict. John utilizes his prior experience of defending insurance companies to help his clients achieve maximum compensation for their injuries.
Types of Mesothelioma Cases We Handle
Potential Exposures to Asbestos – Occupations
- Auto Mechanics
- Aircraft Mechanics
- Construction Workers
- Coal Miners
- HVAC Technicians
- Iron Workers
- Navy Veterans
- Oil Refinery Workers
- Plasterers and Drywall Finishers
- Paper Mill Workers
- Power Plant Workers
- Steel Workers
- Tile Setters
Potential Exposures to Asbestos – Product Types
- Construction Mastics and Gunning Mix: Furnaces, tile or flooring
- Duct Connectors: HVAC system parts
- Electrical Components: Panels, electric shielding, molded cement bases, flash guard paper, wire insulation, and cable wrap
- Felt: Roofing, flooring and paper mills
- Insulation: Loose-fill insulation, pipe wrap, block insulation, acoustic tiles, and spray-on insulation
- Plastics: Tools, cookware, appliances and brake pads
- Sheets: Cement sheets, flat cement sheets, drywall and lumber for roof shingles
- Textiles: Protective clothing and fire blankets
- Vinyl Products: Floor tiles, sheet flooring and wallpaper
- Kent cigarettes (Micronite filters between 1952 and 1956)
- Fume Hoods
- Cosmetics (made from contaminated talc)
- Talcum Powder: Baby powder
- Zonolite Insulation: Attic insulation contaminated with vermiculite
Document any Lost Wages and Other Expenses
It is extremely important that you also document any time that you were unable to work and any other additional expenses that are a direct result from your diagnosis and treatment. If the court determines that another party is at fault for your exposure to asbestos, you may be able to seek damages for lost wages in addition to your medical expenses.
What is My Case Worth?
Each case is different and results will vary. The amount of compensation that you may receive will be based on the fault of the parties involved and the type and severity of your injuries, taking into account the following:
- Medical Expenses
- Pain and Suffering
- Lost Wages
- Emotional Distress
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Loss of Consortium (where applicable)
- Punitive Damages (where applicable)
Talk to a Lawyer Before Talking to the Insurance Companies
Insurance companies are in the business of making money by not paying on claims. They have teams of adjusters and lawyers whose only job is to reduce potential settlements. In order to level the playing field, Fritz Law LLC takes a very “hands-on approach” to handling its mesothelioma cases. We deal directly with the insurance companies and defense attorneys so that you can focus on treatment and spending time with your family.
Hire an Experienced St. Louis Mesothelioma Lawyer
Hiring an experienced mesothelioma attorney is vital to the outcome of your case. At Fritz Law LLC, we know how to deal with the insurance companies and defense lawyers. We also conduct a thorough investigation into the facts and consult with experts to build the best possible case. We fight the insurance companies and defense lawyers so that you get the compensation that you deserve. If you have been exposed to asbestos and diagnosed with mesothelioma, give St. Louis Mesothelioma Lawyer John P. Fritz a call today!